About Dr. Funt
Dr. Funt has been selected as a Top Doc in the New York Metro area, click here for details.
Dr. David K. Funt is a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon with offices on Long Island and New York City. He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons and the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Funt is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Funt received his undergraduate education from Cornell University, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree with distinction. He then went to George Washington University where he received his M.D. degree with distinction and was elected to membership in Alpha Omega Alpha, the medical honor society. Dr. Funt performed his residency in general surgery and then plastic surgery at the Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He also underwent additional training in burn and microvascular surgery.
Dr. Funt is active in resident teaching as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He instructs residents in plastic surgery at both their teaching hospital and in his own ambulatory surgical facility. Dr. Funt additionally serves on the Plastic Surgery Attending Staff at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, and on the Attending Staff at both South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside and North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset.
Dr. Funt was awarded a Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and has lectured on numerous occasions on noninvasive cosmetic surgical techniques. He is a national instructor for Merz USA (the makers of Belotero®, Radiesse® and Xeomin®). Dr. Funt also serves on the speakers bureau and as an instructor for Allergan Corporation (the makers of Botox® Cosmetic, Juvéderm® Ultra, Juvederm® Ultra Plus and Juvederm® Voluma) and for Valeant Pharmaceuticals (the makers of Sculptra®). He is the Medical Director of Merz Aesthetics, and is a founding member of the Liquid Facelift Association.
Recognized in his community and by his peers as an expert in cosmetic surgery, Dr. Funt has been featured on ABC and WB11 News on multiple occasions, as well as in the New York Times, Long Island Newsday, Healthy Aging Magazine, Image Magazine and Mid Day Magazine of Mumbai, India. He received acclaim as a Plastic Surgeon being named to Super Doctors, Top Doctors for 12 consecutive years and as a featured expert on RealSelf.com. Dr. Funt has been an invited lecturer at civic organizations discussing cosmetic surgery, as well as less invasive rejuvenation techniques including BOTOX® Cosmetic, Sculptra®, Radiesse®, Thermage®, laser surgery, intense pulsed light (IPL treatment), and Inject-a-Lift.
Dr. Funt performs surgery in Woodmere, N.Y. at his state-of-the-art ambulatory surgical facility, which has been recognized as a Cynosure Center of Excellence. The facility is fully accredited by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities. Dr. Funt and his board certified anesthesiologists, physician assistants, registered nurses, aesthetician, and patient coordinator will provide you the highest quality care and latest techniques in an environment where compassion and safety are the highest priority.
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc.
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Assistant Clinical Professor as the Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Plastic Surgery Attending Staff Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC
- Attending Staff - South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Attending Staff - North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset
- National Instructor for Merz USA (Belotero, Radiesse, Xeomin)
- Speakers Bureau and instructor Allergan Corporation (Botox, Juvéderm Ultra, Juvéderm Ultra Plus, Juvéderm Voluma)
- Speakers Bureau and instructor Valeant Pharmaceuticals (Sculptra)
- Medical Director of Merz Aesthetics
- Surgical facility is fully accredited by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
- Featured on ABC and WB11 News, Featured in New York Times, Long Island Newsday, Healthy Aging Magazine, Image Magazine, and Mid Day Magazine (Mumbai, India)
- Plastic Surgeon Recognized by: Super Doctors, Top Doctors (12 years running), and an expert featured on RealSelf.com
- Founding member of Liquid Facelift Association
- Recognized as a Cynosure Center of Excellence