Research has repeatedly found that people find faces that are symmetrical to be the most attractive, so it makes sense that so many patients come to Dr. David Funt to correct issues related to asymmetry. Whether the unevenness is on the nose, eyes, ears, cheeks, lips or chin, many cosmetic surgery solutions exist to address these problems. In this blog, Dr. Funt describes some of these popular procedures.
Did you tan this summer or enjoy outdoor activities without proper sun protection? Ultraviolet rays emitted from the sun can damage your skin by creating an uneven skin tone. These spots, also known as age spots, do not pose health problems (though they are sometimes mistaken for melanoma), but they can make you look older than you feel on the inside. If you wish you could reduce the dark spots on your skin for a more even complexion, the good news is that Funt Aesthetics in Long Island offers many cosmetic treatments that can restore radiant skin.
What Causes Hyperpigmentation?
Ultraviolet rays reach your skin when you are outdoors in the sun or lying in a tanning bed. Not only does UV exposure slow your collagen production and increase your risk for skin cancer, it also stimulates extra production of melanin. Melanin that clumps together can create brown spots on your skin, called hyperpigmentation. This cosmetic condition is most likely to occur in areas of your body that are unprotected from the sun like your face, neck, arms, hands, and chest. Hyperpigmentation is the product of many years of sun damage rather than any instant consequence of having a single day without sun protection.
What Cosmetic Solutions Can Help Address Brown Spots?
At Funt Aesthetics, we offer several types of non-surgical treatments that are adept at minimizing hyperpigmentation:
- IPL photofacial: Light energy can help restore an even tone to your skin while also improving skin elasticity.
- Morpheus8: This is a microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) treatment that minimizes irregularities in skin tone, while also improving the texture of your skin.
- Laser resurfacing: A fractional CO2 laser removes the outermost layer of skin while stimulating new collagen production to minimize brown spots, wrinkles, and scars.
- Chemical peel: This is a safe and effective way to minimize dark spots on your skin and tighten the texture of your skin.
- Hydrafacial: In addition to exfoliating the skin, Hydrafacial can help to minimize your sunspots and wrinkles.
Depending on the procedure, you may have little to no downtime — in many cases, our patients make an appointment during their lunchbreak and return to work immediately after their treatment.
Choose the Treatment That Feels Right for You
Dr. David Funt and his team of aesthetic specialists are happy to recommend the precise treatment that best corresponds with your budget and cosmetic goals. To learn more about these non- and minimally invasive procedures and restore glowing, youthful skin, please schedule an appointment by calling 516-295-0404 today.
One of the biggest signs of aging is wrinkles around your eyes. By causing you to look far older than you are, wrinkles around your eyes can quickly be reversed by both surgical and non-surgical options. If you want to get rid of the wrinkles around your eyes but don’t want to go under the…